Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is mom's birthday. I was talking to her last night and she started to cry. I guess this is one of those times that we miss you. I missed you on my birthday. I know that time has started to heal the loss of you. But at the strangest times we are reminded of you. I received a Nintendo DS, and I found some of my old gameboy games, I put the poker one in and it was actually yours, you were one of the saved files. Alex has stayed with us for the last week and a half, and he and I had some conversations that you and I would have had. He misses listening to sports radio with you. I missed you all at our annual picnic. I couldn't remember why you weren't there last year, but I remember you weren't. I was frustrated that I couldn't remember why. I don't like forgetting anything about you. It is scary that I may lose some of my memories of you. I know time will rob me of some of these but it does make me sad. My birthday was fun, the picnic was fun. I did some ribs as well as the chicken this year. The ribs were excellent. I want to post here more often, but it has been a little hard to talk to you lately. I miss you a lot, I miss being able to call you and ask you about MSU football. You died to soon, I was supposed to have you in my life for another 20 years. Mom was supposed to have you in her life for the next 20 years. We all miss you and on our birthdays it is hard not to wish for another day with you, to wish to wake from a dream and be able to tell you about this bad dream we had. We wish we had tine to spend with you. Love ya guy.

No comments: