Sunday, January 6, 2013

Some Personal Things That Happened In 2012

Okay, one of the big things was turning 40. I kind of had to put that one out there to start.Kellie did an awesome job making it a memorable weekend, and I have my work cut out for me to outdo it for her 40th.

The saddest part (personally) of 2012 was losing Kuky. She was an awesome dog and such a big part of our family all these years. She turned 15 in August and passed on November 9th. My family was holding it together okay until I called mom to tell her and after saying the words out loud I lost it and started to sob. My son hadn't heard me cry before at least not like that and he lost it. The veterinarian did a great job of making us comfortable. We were able to hold Kuky as she was given a sedative and then the final shot. She was held and loved through all of it. She is definitely missed and can never be replaced.

I had my first cigar last January. Since then I have had several more. I have a lighter, cutter and a humidor. I have found cigars I like and have even made recommendations to friends. At the annual picnic several of us enjoyed a cigar together. As a tribute to you on the anniversary of your passing I smoked an El Fuente at the grave site.

I built a fort for Tanis. It was on a raised platform so it is about 8 feet off the ground. I was following some blueprints, but they were for an A frame that took away to much room so I improvised. It turned out okay. I screwed up a couple of the windows and the ladder took some creativity but I like how it turned out.

I read several books this past year but really enjoyed a book called Ready Player One. It was a tribute to the 80's. It was set in the future where the Internet is a total immersion thing. The designer of the new Internet set up a challenge for everyone and whoever solved his challenge first would inherit all of his money and stocks. It was pretty cool all the tributes to 80's games, music and movies. I also enjoyed Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, although I can't watch the movie because it is way different than the book.

Love ya guy!

No comments: