Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back to basics

A lot of time goes between posts! I forget the main reason i started this blog was to have conversations with you. I miss you and know that a lot of the family could use you right now. Things are kind of crazy for mom but I respect her for what she does. the two of you taught me never to turn my back when someone needs help. We all have been hurt by this but know to do the right thing isn't easy. Okay so I am dodging details to keep the peace but I want to thank you for the lessons you taught me. I am still struggling with the final lesson and do not know why I can get focused on getting healthy.

So, lets catch up. A week ago I rented a post hole digger and started to build a deck for my pool. It is going okay but it would help if I could learn to cut a straight line. I have a target of next Sunday for the deck to be finished. I could have used some advice for building it but my boss Joey has been helpful in his suggestions.

Tom Izzo says Michigan is his home and he will stay there.

Work has been crazy a lot of people on vacation so a lot of extra work.

Last week I got a Tempurpedic bed and am trying to get used to it. So far it has been okay but not 100% yet.

Today I found one of the accessories for my Hummer that I have wanted and it is very affordable. I hope to be able to order it by the end of the month, it is a chrome Hummer emblem for the front of the car.

Tanis is doing well and has started riding grown up roller coasters this year. So far he has ridden the: Gemini, Magnum XL200, Wild Cat, Blue Streak...I think that is it so far. He liked them all but his favorite is the Wild Cat (mainly because he has wanted to ride that one for years).

Our party is planned for August 8th and we are looking forward to it. Kellie is trying to paint the outside the house in time for the party but heat and weather have wreaked havoc with her plans.

For Fathers day mom sent me a card that you had bought. It was a very bittersweet moment, a flood of emotions. It was like having you there for a moment. Father's day was amazing because we went fishing and Tanis actually caught 2 blue gills and I caught nothing. He had a blast and told mom all about it. Love ya guy.

No comments: