Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy Birthday

Kellie shared a post of her happiest birthdays, but I decided to share the history of game consoles I have gotten for my birthdays.

The First one I remember was back when I turned 14 (I believe). That was the year I wanted an Atari 2600 so bad. I unwrapped my resent to find a Commodore VIC 20. A bit of a let down, but it had cartridges and games and I learned how to program in basic. This was a gateway computer as I would own the Commodore 64 (hey in the 80's who didn't) and the Amiga 500. It was fun but not quite what It thought I was getting.

A couple years later I got a Vectrex for my birthday. This was an all in one console and I am sure most people have never heard of it. It was on clearance and I talked my mom into it and several games. Short lived fun.

The next one was in 1992, my first year at Cedar Point. I got a SUPER NINTENDO for my birthday. This is probably my favorite birthday console present and I still have it to this day. In fact just a couple of weeks ago I beat Yoshi's Island again. My son loves playing all of the games on it That first summer my roommates and I played the heck out of F-Zero shaving 10th of a second of each others time.

A couple of years ago Kellie and Tanis bought me a Nintendo DS. A year later Tanis would get his own for Christmas. As a family we have had a lot of fun playing games oddly enough Brain Age has been our favorite. The DS is a great system and I like the versatility. I love the old school games best though.

This year Kellie and Tanis bought me a PS3. I haven't hooked it up yet as I promised myself I wouldn't play it until the deck was done. Will this unseat the SNES? Only time will tell.

Now as a side note for those of you who know me...Yes I have owned other systems, but most of those have been Christmas presents or just because they were in stock (N64 and Wii are good examples of this). love ya guy.

No comments: