Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Friday August 7th

On Friday we broke camp and headed towards Traverse City. We made a stop in Petoskey to look for stones. Petoskey had changed a lot. Finally we found a beach and went looking. We found a few that weren't very good examples. Tanis and I had fun throwing the rejects into lake Michigan. As we headed off to the car I found a great example so we kept that one and a few others. We stopped for a potty break at a grocery store. We bought a spatula so we could cook burgers that night and a hand held broom for sweeping out the tent. We passed a lot of roadside stands promising cherry pies and one offered raspberry pie. We were very tempted, but kept on going. We finally made it to KOA. We set up camp, and while putting up the tent I commented we should stake down the rain fly, but then we decided not to. I REALLY wanted a pie so I headed back down the road to buy one. I bought some dried cherries, chocolate covered dried cherries, a cherry pie and a small loaf of zuchini bread. I went back to the camp and started wrestling with the fire. I had three logs that were COMPLETELY black but now flame, finally it caught and I was able to cook dinner. We had cherry pie and the Tanis and I got dressed to go swimming in the pool. Ditzy watched us while Kellie read. We swam for close to an hour, and then Kellie and Tanis played with the big chess set. We went back and had pie and played Uno and then we all went to bed. Love ya guy!

1 comment:

kellerie said...

that was one of my favorite days. it was more relaxed than the others.