Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Funeral Home

Sometimes you are going to have to listen to me yell at you, and sometimes I am going to have to tell you things you don't want to hear. Today I want to talk about the experience of having you cremated. Okay, first of all whomever decided they should be called cremains is an idiot. That is morbid and wrong. Secondly the whole experience sucked. We spent way too much time at the funeral home. I had to come and verify it was you, and that was really hard to do. You had bruises from when they took all the tubes and lines out of you. Also there was this brace that held your arms in place. I wanted to wake you up, and tell you it was time to come home, but you were gone. We decided to get memorial urns to remember you by, mine is a miniature version of yours, and there are some "cremains" inside of it. When we picked all of those up mine leaked some. At first i thought it was a little trapped in the seal, but when I shook it you came out like pepper. Tanis came up and drew in you, he didn't know what it was, but when Kellie called I told her he was playing with grandpa. I miss you.

I think today I would call you to find out about the baseball that has all of the Tiger signatures on it. I found out it was called a park ball, which is a ball mass-produced, not actually signed by the players. I figure it had to be some field trip, but I don't know for what. Also I would like to know about the high school letters, and what you did to earn them. You really weren't that prideful, and never displayed a lot of your awards, but I would like to know about the Oldsmobile award, and others. I knew you for 35 years, but never really got to know you. For that I will always have regret.

Cheri is still in the hospital, and there is talk of sending her to long term care for the infection, either that or ship her home. Mom is doing all right, but she misses you dearly. Kellie and I have hit a very bad rough spot in our lives, but we are working through it, and are better now than ever.

Kellie worked out on our gym for the first time last night, it was good. We both are committed to shedding excess weight, I don't think either of us can be skinny, but we can be healthy. I am going after the record weight loss in a month in January at PWLC. I don't know what the record is yet, but I am taking it down!

On a final note the Wings beat st. Louis last night 5 to nothing, and the Pistons won as well. Love ya guy.

2 comments:

kellerie said...

i love you very much - forever!

Cheryl said...

again very sweet! you are very funny.