Monday, May 19, 2008

Chasing A Dream

This weekend was full of a lot. Saturday was like a day with 36 hours in it. Tanis, Kellie and I headed up to Novi for the convention. We spent time and money. It was fun. We got a new dragon doorbell as the one from last year was stolen. Tanis got a new R2 and a lot of other things. Kellie got to meet Mickey Dolenz and bought an autographed book from him. We met up with James and his friend. We stayed until 6 when it closed. Then the second part of the day started. We headed to meet mom at Frandor where I dropped Kellie and Tanis off, they went to dinner at Emils. James and I went to somewhere on Wise road in Lansing to watch Ron fight. He fought in a sanctioned fight, not an exhibition. We were able to talk to him before the fight and could tell he was ready. He beat the guy in 2 minutes 10 seconds. He actually ended up breaking the guys orbital bone. He was amazing. He has always chased his dream and I saw him achieve it Saturday it was pretty amazing. I wondered if it would of been something I could have talked you into going. I figure probably not. Then I went to pick up my family and got to see the new stairs in the house. It was weird walking into the closet to go to the basement. Mom is pretty excited and it puts the bathroom closer to being finished. I then drove home. I got home around 3 a.m. Sunday Kellie had a bell performance at church it was very good. The new puppy is adapting well and is very friendly with Tanis. She plays a little rough and he is not used to the dog fighting back a little. Cheri got her pop up camper so she has a little dream of camping at the races fulfilled. Red Wings will try to get to their dream by beating the Stars tonight. Cleveland had their dream come to an end yesterday as the Celtics eliminated them. Detroit Boston starts on Wednesday I believe. Love ya guy.

No comments: