Friday, May 30, 2008

Fishing

Tanis and I went fishing yesterday. I don't remember the first time we fished, I hope it went better for you than me. He didn't really get the whole hold on to the pole and reel. He set his pole down a lot. Caught several trees and a rock. To be fair we were fishing at the reservoir in Norwalk. The "beach" consisted of a lot of rocks. I found a spot for him to stand at, but he was more interested in playing with the worms, which he started to throw into the water so the fish could have breakfast. I hooked a fish and tried to get him to reel in his pole so the lines wouldn't tangle. I couldn't hand him my pole as it was bent almost double, I had no idea what I had hooked. I figured we would catch small pan fish so I did not buy a net or a hook remover or anything else. We just had 2 cheap poles. So I am holding onto my pole trying to land a fish and also reel his in at the same time. I got his pole done and fought my fish awhile longer, it surfaces and what do you know it is a catfish. A catfish, that is not what I expected. The whole time I am waiting for my line to snap, but it holds. The fish is hooked to good for me to get the hook out, so I broke the line and pushed him back into the water with my foot. He swam away. The catfish was over a foot long, but I figure he weighed less than 10 lbs., as I had 10 lbs. test line. So the chaos is finished, we continued to fish for a while longer and then headed home. I don't know what he will remember of our first fishing trip, hopefully all of it good. Wings lost 1 to Pittsburgh series is 2 to 1 in favor of Detroit. The Pistons have to win tonight and the beat Boston at home to advance. Love ya guy.

No comments: