Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tough Day on the Horizon

Sometimes tough days sneak up unexpected. Yesterday was one of those days. It all happened at Meijers of all places. I saw Schullers chips and couldn't help think of you, it gave me a small twang of sadness. I then went over to another section and had to walk past the fathers day cards. Being a father was one thing we definitely had in common. I even found the card I would have gotten you, it was a picture of a Corvette and it talked about getting you a shiny sports car for fathers day once you opened it the inside had a set of keys you could cut out and talked about paper keys for a paper car. I know you would have liked it. I asked Kellie what she was going to do for her dad for Fathers days, and she almost asked what i was going to do for you. For you I will take some time and reflect on the things I learned from you and all of the time we spent together. I learned to golf from you (hey I have to blame someone). I learned to fish and definitely how to collate. I have learned a lot from you, and I will definitely miss you. The Red Wings won game 1 of the Stanley finals last night. Love ya guy.

No comments: