Sunday, February 10, 2008

Things Left Undone

Mom replied to my last post and talked about things you wanted to do but never did. I have thought about some of these as well. I have also thought about things we have done, experiences I had with you that I would like to have with my son. Searching for sand dollars comes to mind. I don't know the bleach solution to dry them out, but I remember the smell. Pikes Peak on my birthday, the only snow storm I have ever been in during the month of July. A snow day, going into work with you, and being your delivery boy. I always liked making deliveries to the Gumball Express. This is actually something my son has done, as far as going to work with me, he really enjoys it. I know that some of that has to do with just spending time with his daddy. I would like to share some of these experiences with him. The Grand Canyon, Cape Canaveral, live lobsters in Maine. We had a lot of fun. I want to give my son some great memories as well. By the time I was his age I had already been to an ocean. Anyway, that is all nostalgia, I have been thinking about things we (you and I) talked about doing. We talked about going to see the Lions on Thanksgiving. We talked abut seeing the Red Wings play at the Joe. We talked about doing another charter fishing tour. I always wanted to go to Canada with you fishing. I also always wanted an invitation to your poker table. Oh well, the point is that I don't think I will talk about htis stuff anymore, I will just do it. That is what I learned don't count on tommorrow being here, live in the know, and don't leave things unsaid. That is why I always close with Love Ya Guy. I have tried to tell my son every night I Love You, I am proud of you, and I thank God for you. The other night he told me he had heard that enough. I replied that you can never hear it enough. Love ya guy.

1 comment:

kellerie said...

i would love to see the grand canyon with you, and cape canaveral, and pikes peak.

i'm not sure about the live lobsters, though!