Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday 1st

Tanis and I got up early to start home. We went to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast. Attached to it was a tourist trap souvenir store. I gave him $20 and he had a ball picking out stuff. We then hit the road. About an hour on the road I saw a sign for Daytona Beach and decided I wanted him to see the ocean. We traveled and I followed signs and before I knew it I was paying a guy $5 to drive out on the beach. We walked out to the ocean and I wasn't sure if he would want to swim or not, he did. So we found a place where I could change. We both had gotten some sun the day before so I thought we would wear our shirts to protect us and I figure people really don't want to see me without a shirt. We went swimming for a bit and played on the beach, then he saw a guy building a sandcastle with his 2 sons so he went over to see if he could play too. He played with them for a bit. I read my Kindle. We went swimming again, this time we went further out. He got scared when a wave knocked me over but he felt safe out there with me. He played some more and then we went swimming one more time. It was getting to be about 5 p.m. and I thought we should get a move on. He wanted to stay so I thought about getting a hotel in Daytona. While trying to arrange it he went to rinse sand off and got lost. I was scared but found him. We went to rent a hotel room, I took a shower and then we went to find dinner. We really couldn't find anywhere so we figured we would order pizza at the hotel but the hotel just didn't feel right. I didn't feel safe so we checked out and got back on the road. We drove to South Carolina leaving us 12 hours of driving on Tuesday. We checked into a Best Western and were both out pretty quick. Love ya guy!

No comments: