Thursday, January 17, 2008

Excuses

I have found myself making a lot of excuses lately. I haven't been on my diet for no good reason. I haven't worked out in about a week. I used your death as a reason to gain weight back. I used the Holidays, even though I lost over the week of Christmas and New Years. Kellie and I working through our rough spot has caused me to not stick to the diet. I am tired of making excuses. I do not want to put my son through losing his father at 59 when I can help that not happen. I can't make any promises for this weekend, but I promise to you that on Monday I am serious. I will get back to working out, I will stick to my diet. I know that if you had lost some weight you would still be here. If you had controlled your diabetes better you would still be here. I will miss my goal for July but I have a new goal. I won't write it here, you will know what it is though, and it will happen by the end of July, by my birthday. I will not use you as an excuse, I have been in a funk, as this blog shows I go allover the place emotionally. I am tired of excuses, you taught me better, and I know the last thing you would want is for me to use your death to get fatter. Things will be better, and nothing is going to hold me back. Love ya guy.

No comments: