Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year New Start

I am starting a new year without you. Time starts to heal all things. I have been through a few turbulent months now. I think you prepared me for them. I learned my work ethic from you. I plan on being more motivational in my job, and finally understand the working smarter not harder concept. I have some big plans to implement. Of course I am going to lose weight, and continue to work out. I think you will be proud of where I am headed in that aspect. I know there were a lot of things you wanted to do that your body just wouldn't let you. I know growing up you really loved amusement parks, well this year I will have lost enough weight that I will ride every roller coaster at Cedar Point in memory of you. I will be a better husband and father. I learned from you how to provide for a family, and that the man should make sacrifices for his family, I just wish you had taught me to show more emotion. I think it sucks that we never really talked about love until these last couple of years. In your eulogy I told people that a few years ago you started saying love ya guy, and that was about as mushy as you ever got. I WILL tell my son every chance I get, and I will let him know when I am proud of him. Sometimes lessons are learned by observing and doing the opposite. I think this new year will be awesome. Day one is filled with promise and hope, I just wish you were here to see it. Love ya guy.

1 comment:

Amanda Faye said...

It's wonderful you want Tanis to know how proud you are of him. I think sometimes parents don't think children need to hear that, but we do...

Best of luck with all your resolutions!