Thursday, July 26, 2012

A mind is a dangerous thing

Tomorrow I will continue with the tree fort project. My blueprints call for an A frame design. My biggest concern is that the design takes away a lot of head room, and room all together as the sloped ceiling serves as a wall too. It also means a lot of angle cuts (not my strongest suit). As I took my shower and thought about it once the support joists are in and the floor is down it is just a matter of framing and then attaching the plywood for the walls. What if I changed the design? I have plenty of wood to frame any design I want and the worst that could happen is I need another board or two of plywood to cover more of the side. I am thinking about framing it to look like an old barn. That solves height restrictions. That makes the door an obvious design that can slide so it doesn't take up space. The windows could be simple square with cross design in them that could have a hinged panel on a rope to open and close them. One on each wall with possibly a sky light in the roof. Maybe even a weather vein. Okay maybe that is going too far but a hay loft that swings down to sleep on, one on each side. Four kids could sleep in that. I think that may be beyond my abilities but I think a barn design is the way to go. Oh well I have all night to think and dream about what I want to do. I hope to have the joists and floor done by noon. Love ya guy!

No comments: