Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Love is.....

The joke is what is love spelled backwards? Evil. Get it. I don't either. Love spelled backwards is evol. To me it suggests evolve. I feel that love is always evolving always changing. Sometimes the changes are hard and sometimes they are awesome. Couples evolve from cuddly to passionate to married. Those of us with successful marriages know you need to revisit those stages often. My love for Kellie happened the instant I saw her. I didn't know it was love, I just knew there was something different and special about that girl. We started to talk and flirt and we became best friends along the way. I think our first go at dating failed because neither of us wanted toscrew up our friendship. I loved her then and I love her now. I know i am hard to live with as I face my 40th birthday. It weighs heavy on me as I look back upon the years that have flown by. I have known her for 20 years (half my life). I wouldn't give up any of the time we have spent together. She still is my best friend and I will probably drive her as crazy when I turn 80. My love for you changed as well. It went from the awe a child has to obedience to rebellious teenager. As the joke goes the older I got the smarter you got. The hardest part in our relationship was seeing you in the hospital. My invincible hero laid to waste before my eyes. Your majesty and pride stolen from you. Watching your last gasps brought regret. Regret for love not spoken or shown. Regret for time lost. I guess that is the challenge of this milestone I face. Time lost. Another qoute I think about is when Yoda says "always in motion the future is." I always heard it as "always emotion the future is." That makes more sense to me. As our emotions definitely guide us. When we are in a funk we can affect those around us. When we are on top of the world we can infect those around us. What we make of a day a week a decade a lifetime is up to us. Or as Doc Brown said "it means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you." Love ya guy!

No comments: