Saturday, July 14, 2012

Friday the 13th

You know that every Friday the 13th is special to mom. When grandma K passed you made those days special for mom. When you passed all of us have tried to make it special for her. Tammy has sent flowers, I have called, I have even visited but I know those gestures fall flat compared to her talking to her mom or being able to see you. People who have never lost someone that close don't understand the hole that is left. They think it is not much different than losing a favored aunt or a grandparent. I can attest that losing a parent is much more traumatic than losing a grandparent. Parents fill the holes left by grandparents, but nobody (except maybe a spouse) can fill the hole left by a parent. Mom and I took a few trips down memory lane today. We talked about you and Grandma K. I miss you both and I know she misses you both even more than that. I hope reliving some fun memories brought more joy than sadness to mom. I know it did for me. I am sad because my son will never get ot know either of you. I think you both would have loved him. I know you would have enjoyed watching him drive me nuts, especially when heismaking crazy noises nonstop. Love ya guy!

No comments: