Saturday, July 7, 2012

Spoiled?

I think every generation thinks the newest generation is spoiled. Some of it has to be by design because very parent wants their children to have at least as good of a childhood as they had or better. With all of what is offered kids can be spoiled easily. But how much has it really changed. It seems to me my son drives me nuts in all of the me ways I drove you nuts. He constantly makes noise and his stories last for days with no real point or sensible conclusion. And I love him for it (most of the time). Pokemon seems to be the ultimate toy. You gotta catch them all and after 15 years ther is no longer 152 but over 400. You can't just have them in digital form, you have to have them in toy form and card form too. I know when I was a kid we had the little pink wrestler guys that we had to collect all of. Then of course there were Transformers, now I know I wasn't spoiled but I do seem to have quite a few of them. Parents will always love their kids and will always spoil them. The most important thing is to sit down and listen and actually care that Pikachu now has three different stages of evolution. I learned from you that just taking a few minutes to play means more than any toy you could buy. I wish we could take time and play a game our at least once more, I wish we had played more or even talked more. I never got to play poker with you and your friends. I never played cribbage with you. I miss you. That is why I take time to play games with my son and wife. Love ya guy.

No comments: