Monday, July 23, 2012

Top lists

I don't know how people can do lists of their favorite anything....music,food,movies,restaurants. I get asked this type of question and I really don't know how to answer it as they change fom time to time. Favorite movie lists are supposed to be populated by movies you watch over and over or that you will stop and watch when channel surfing. I don't have time to watch movies over and over and channel surfing is more apt to be nostalgic than favorite. Music is even harder because who knows what will strike as entertaining tomorrow. During an interview I used to ask someone to tell me the last five CDs they bought, (I'm pretty sure I would get a blank stare if I asked that question now)now I ask what are the last 5 downloads you purchased.... Here are my last 5 The Essential Weird "Al", Where My Heart Will Take Me (theme song from Star Trek Enterprise),Big House by Audio Adrenaline, The Goonies R Ood Enough by Cyndi Lauper and The Star Spangled Banner sung by Madison Rising. What does that tell you other than I saw Goonies on T.V. Recently. I have books that I love but I can't read them a second time. The only books I have read a second time are Jurassic Park and The Neverending Story. The point is someone's favorite books should be one they read again and again. I have shelves of movies that I enjoyed and bought so I could watch the over and over yet most have only been watched once. I don't know what this rant makes me, am I indecisive? I think the problem is I don't like absolutes. Once you say these are your favorite you are not open to anything new. I am always open to trying something I have never tried before. But know this, if it sucks I will tell you. Love Ya Guy!

No comments: