Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 21....12

As if I didn't seal my nerdom by admitting I told a poll taker we speak Klingon ( for the record nobody in our household speaks Klingon ) I have enjoyed every 21 st day of every month so far this year. That's right I have listened to Rush's 2112 every 21 st day of every month. It is an awesome album and deserves to be listened to but listening to it on 21 12 makes it that much better. My sister didn't gve me a lot of positive influence but she did introduce me to Rush and that makes up for a lot. Although it is her fault that as a straight teenage boy I knew far too much about Duran Duran, enough to even beat her in their board game. I guess these last 2 days are proof that I will never be able to say I am not a nerd. I would be surprised how many people even know that Duran Duran had a board game. Anyway this post is about Rush. I read a book a couple of months ago titled Ready Player One and Rush's 2112 played an important part in it. (I recommend that book to any guy and some girls who grew upon the 80s(I understand it is being made into a movie to be released in 2015)). Love ya guy!

No comments: