Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer project 2012 update

Post hole digger rented on Saturday used Sunday returned Monday because itdidnt work right. Replacement digger given Monday used Monday. 4 deepish holes have been dug. Four wooden posts centered and leveled. Deck to tree fort levelish. I wouldn't recommend playing pool on it but hey it is mostly level. So 5 hours of post hole digging got me: one broken post hole digger, two frustrated guys who couldn't get post hole digger to start back up, three open ripped skin wounds on my hands, four holes not quite as deep as I wanted, five hours I can never have back. When this is done and my son smiles it will be worth it but right now my hands say no. Here is a little tip totheguyswho like to share tips don't recommend adding water to soften the ground when somebodies yard is mostly clay. The upside I don't think the cemented stuck in clay posts are going anywhere. Next step is putting in the floor and support joists. Love ya guy!

No comments: