Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Divine intervention?

I have had two times in my life that I know God was involved. I am not saying he has only been involved twice, I am saying that I have two times where I know he touched my life in a significant way. The first was a matter of taking me to the lowest point I had experienced at the time. In the fall of 1991 I thought I had it all, a cool car, a great job and a girlfriend. My girlfriend moved off to college where it took her about a week maybe a week and a half to start cheating on me. I knew fidelity wasn't a strong suit of hers but I just knew she would change for me. Well she didn't. A couple weeks later I belw the engine in my Camaro, she gave me a he'll of a final ride but it was her final ride with that engine anyway. As a side note never loan your car to your sister because even though you tell her to check the oil when she gets gas she won't. All of this made me more than a little sad and that sadness affected my job and then I didn't have a job anymore. So the winter of 1992 I am without a real job, no woman, driving a Chevy Cavalier Cadet station wagon....that is when I see a sign that Cedar Point is hiring. Foolishly I walk into that interview and land a job for the summer. My first day on the job I meet a beautiful girl swishing her ponytail back and forth as she walked with a perky little bounce. From the moment I first met her I knew there was something different about that girl and I was right. Six years later I made her my wife. The second time was when I first met my boss Joey. He was working on one of our first locations. I met him out in Mentor. We talked about our past experiences and the brightness of the future. I felt a hand pushing me in that direction and knew I was supposed to be there. Joey was very religious when I first met him and I have seen how God works in his life and our company. He presents us with opportunities and takes negativity away. Joey is one of many friends I have met over the years who have God in their lives. I have always wanted that in mylifeand eventually found it. A relationship with God is like any other relationship, it is full of reward but isn't always easy. It is easy to lose your way but God will always be on the right path waiting for you. Love ya guy!

No comments: