Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Perception

I find it amazing that 2 people can see or hear the same thing and yet end up with 2 completely different perceptions of what was experienced. If asked both will defend with conviction that they speak the truth. I feel that is what truly keeps people separate from each other. People aren't open to hearing a different view and are positive that any other view is flawed or wrong. So, it is obvious this is an election year, and everybody has an opinion and once again people base their opinions on the letter after a candidates name instead of finding out what the person stands for. I know I am a conservative, or that is the label placed on me most frequently. I do tend to vote Republican although I am open to other candidates. The 2 party system is flawed and this year seems to be the ultimate culmination of it. America is the greatest country in the world and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but if we don't set aside the letters and try to find leaders that have our best interests at heart we will fail. I pray to find people with like minds to share all of their experiences and help open my mind to new thoughts. I pray that the reciprocal be true also. To paraphrase a kick ass movie if a machine can learn the value of human life than maybe we can too. Love ya guy!

No comments: