Monday, July 9, 2012

Today

Tanis called me at work today because he wanted me to tell Kellie that I wanted to swim. Obviously he wanted to swim but couldn't persuade her to go swimming so he thought I could. I didn't really want to swim but figured I could deal with it when I got home. On my way home I thought a lot about you and my post the other day about doing things with my son. I don't have a memory of ever swimming with you. I am sure you did swim in the pool as we had it for a long time, but I can't remember a time you swam with us. To be fair I don't really remember mom swimming either although I have a few vague impressions of it. I know she swam at the lake and river I don't remember you ever doing it. I take that back I do remember the trip to Florida and being in the ocean looking for sand dollars. Unfortunately that remind me that your mother was in the ocean with us too. So as I write this I am reminded of collecting sand dollars you mom and me in the ocean. You guys felt them and then I would pick them up with my feet as mom held onto my arms. I remember a lightning storm brought our sand dollar hunt to an end. I also remember the horrible smell of bleaching sand dollars and that we had sand dollars for years to come. We did have some fun on our trips and you took me to see a lot of things. I hope to take Tanis and Kellie to seethe grand canyon sometime as neither of them have seen it. Thank you for the memory. Love ya guy!

No comments: